The Video Editor will be responsible for converting recorded raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting on various platforms.
This is a key role in the post-production process and the Video Editor’s skill can determine the quality and delivery of the final product.
The Video Editor will report to the Country Manager and work as part of the team to achieve the desired end result.
• Edit film pieces to create impeccable videos
• Review & assemble raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Creatively add effects including music, dialogues, graphics etc.
• Reorder and tweak content to ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
• Constantly be up-to-date on new editing technologies and best practices
• Must be conversant with digital technology and relevant editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• In-depth knowledge of special effects, 3D and compositing
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
• Creative mind and storytelling skills
• BSc degree in Cinematography or related field from a reputable University
• 3 -5 years’ relevant experience in video editing
• Experience in graphic designing is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and applications firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer Ends: 27th March, 2017