RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of personnel functions and programs; in the areas of employee compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, and liability claims. Also provides information and assistance to employees regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Payroll/Reward Management
Assist in collating data used for computation of monthly payroll, budget (monthly & annual), payment of consultants’ monthly salaries, pensions and benefits.
Assist in reconciling employee monthly timesheet with their daily or weekly timesheets.
Assist in conducting surveys on compensation/market rate review analysis and the external competitiveness of the marketplace.
Prepares Visa processing documentation and reimbursement for review and approval
Assist in creating and updates of the retirement saving account register
Assist to prepare and update payroll documentation checklist
• Attrition Management
Assist in coordinating the exit process of separated staff. Ensures exit documentation is completed and filed as applicable.
Maintains a record of separated personnel exit checklist.
Assist in the completion of terminations and exit interviews where necessary.
Assist with retrieving and keeping track of all company properties from separated staff.
Assist in archiving separated personnel documents and other correspondence.
• HR Help Desk
Assists with company’s events & meetings (Annual Dinner, Management & Staff Retreat).
Assists and supports department managers and all employees regarding personnel issues.
Assist with conducting background investigations (Educational, previous employer); monitor; track and update records as applicable
Assist with preparing contract renewal and confirmation documentation; distribute contract renewals and confirmation and file in appropriate correspondence.
Issues company apparel to new and existing employee; update records and file documentation as applicable.
Advice concerned personnel on employee health insurance enrolment and ensure all concerned employee are registered.
Maintains and updates the record of the job debrief forms for performance evaluation monitoring purposes.
Research Employee relations, service improvement and associated issues internally and externally and be aware of developments affecting the employees.
• Absence Management
Assist to generate daily, weekly and monthly reports of employees either on paid time-off, unpaid time-off, vacation or time-off for supervisor’s review.
Assist with monitoring and spooling attendance report from the biometric; maintains a daily personnel lateness record; compiles and send report to supervisors on a monthly basis.
Populate and update the staff ill health report; calculate and set benchmark for the coming month.
• Administration and Support
Assist in filing all employee documentary evidence to support employees’ leave records (Annual, Compassionate, Examination, Paternity, Maternity, Sick, Study, Voluntary Unpaid and Involuntary Unpaid Leave).
Assist in archiving departmental records on need and approval basis (quarterly to yearly is recommended depending on volume of documentation)
Assist in making requests, prepares and requisitions for the necessary stationeries or equipment required by the department.
• Departmental Reports- Assist to generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-
annually and annually reports and presentations.
• Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient support to team members.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned
• A good university first degree in Human Resource Management or, Social Science Related courses.
• Atleast 0 – 1 year of related work experience. Previous experience in Human relations/Administrative role is an added advantage
• Good reasoning ability is important.
• Good team spirit and project management skills
• Good administrative and organizational skills
• Good problem solving skills and initiative
• Good relational and customer service skills
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Understanding of business practices and corporate governance
• Possess diplomacy, meticulous, intuitive and attentive to detail
• Have a working knowledge of customer relationship management.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting and occasionally outdoors. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.